In Chinese érhuà words, the two Chinese Hanzi (Chinese characters) should pronounce as one syllable. For example:
花儿(flower) should pronounce as one syllable "huār";
活儿(job, work) should pronounce as one syllable "huór".
érhuà used for the following occasions:
1. Added to nouns to express smallness. 女孩儿(girl)→nǚháir
2. Added to verbs to form nouns. 画儿(drawing)→huàr
3. Added to adjectives to form nouns. 热闹儿(fun)→rè'nàor
4. Added to concrete nouns to change them into abstract nouns.
5. Added to nouns to form nouns with defferent meaning.
白面(wheat flour) : 白面儿(heroin)→bámiànr
6. A verb suffix very much restricted in use.
玩儿牌(play cards)→wánr pái.